Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yay! This cause is important to me!!

Fandom Against Juvenile Diabetes: Sign ups, fandoms, and due dates...Oh my!

I lost my Dad in 2008 to complications from years of not taking care of himself after being diagnosed with adult-onset type 2 diabetes. My daughter is hypoglycemic, and she manages it well with her diet. I was told I was pre-diabetic when I was in my mid-thirties and when I weighed nearly 250#. Lap banding, eating better, and 100# weight loss has kept my numbers in check, but with predisposed familial markers, I will always have to keep a close eye on my blood sugar.
I will be writing for this compilation, although I'm not sure what I will write just yet. Maybe the LDTW epilogue that I promised a long time ago. Maybe a o/s that's fresh and new.
Anyhow, keep your eyes open and help me promote this excellent cause for Lia Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment