Sunday, October 20, 2013

A couple of story rec's for you all to enjoy.

Happy Sunday everyone! So far my day has consisted of cooking a huge breakfast for Layton and Ben, cleaning up afterwards, unloading and reloading the dishwasher, folding seven loads of laundry from yesterday, and cleaning my bathroom. It's only 1pm. Lol. Yes, I have a few more things to do in case Nicole and her boyfriend, Charlie come over to eat chili tonight, but I'm taking a bit of ME time this afternoon. That means reading, and maybe some writing tonight. I finished The Distance In Between by sunflowersongs (sleepydove90 on Twitter) yesterday afternoon, and began Jar of Hearts by her last night. Wow! TDiB is a Civil War era fic, with plenty of drama and angst, and it's wonderful reading. JoH is based on two slightly geeky, virginal, and unknowingly beautiful people in their mid-twenties, and their journey to find love in the modern world. So sweet. Almost zero drama or angst thus far, and I'm almost halfway through. Sunflowersongs has a melodious way with words that simply draws you into whatever world she's painting for thr reader. To top it off, she's a lovely lady, who I've had the pleasure of getting to know the past few weeks. She has more stories that I'll certainly be checking out in the future.
See you all soon. T

No comments:

Post a Comment